Rock Your World Kids Classes @Little People’s of Somers | Somers, NY
Infants / Toddlers / Pre-School / Pre K
🌎 World Music Educational program to introduce multicultural 🎸 🎺🥁instruments, movements and sounds to children 👩🧑 of all ages. Armelle or one of her teachers plays guitar, keyboard or ukulele to sing traditional favorites, multilingual songs in English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Hebrew, Arabic, Italian!
Through music and 🎶 songs, we will discover many countries and their musical culture!✨
- dance on many genres of music
- sing traditional and new favorites
- Practice rhythms & ear training
- discover a new instrument every 2 weeks!
They will play: shekeres from South America, bodhran from Ireland, derbuka from Turkey, djembe from Africa, bongos from South America, ceremonial Native American drum, lap-harp, kalimba from Africa, Lebanese tambourine, spoons, washboards, violin, banjo, accordion and bouzouki from Europe, balafon and kora from Africa and many more!
Rhythms are practiced through musical games with tambourines and maracas, ear training is achieved through dancing on world music pieces specifically chosen for that purpose.
- 3’s and 4’s classes – THURSDAY (11 Sessions)
– Eligible for children in a 3’s or 4’s class
– Class will take place at Little Peoples (Aka Little Tuskers Enrichment Center).
– Class Times: 12:00-1:30 (PICK-UP AT 1:30)
– Total cost: $300. Payment may be made via check, cash or Vemno (@CC-LPOS). We need a minimum of 7 in the program. There are no refunds for missed classes.
We will split the class into two 40 min sessions- with students grouped based on the class they attend during the school day. When one student group is not doing Music, they will be having lunch/other related activities. Pick-up is at 1:30 in the front of the building.
To register: click here
- SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM – THURSDAY (10 Sessions)
– Eligible for children in grades PreK-2nd
– School Age: Students will take a BUS from Primrose and be dropped off at Little Peoples (Aka Little Tuskers Enrichment Center).
– PreK: Drop off is 2:45.
– Class Times: 2:45-3:45 (bus arrives at 2:35, PICK-UP AT 3:45)
– Total cost: $280. Payment may be made via check, cash or Vemno (@CC-LPOS). We need a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 16 in the program.
As of now, there are no classes when Primrose has a 1/2 day. Students should bring a snack which they will eat before class begins. Pick up is at 3:45 in front of the building.4-7
To register: click here
Questions about the curriculum? Call or text us at 914-672-0948
Questions about the location? Call Mrs “CC” at (914) 248-4020
Contact us for booking info to teach at your location!
See you soon! – A Bientôt! – ¡Hasta luego!
“ZE” AFK Team.